We are grateful to have passionate, empathetic and inspiring individuals to lead selected kids for KIDS.R.OK mentorship program.
Kids.R.ok kick started ‘Mentorship Program‘ in 2020 with a cohort of 16 volunteers signing up to be mentors. After getting to know each mentor, Our team matched each mentor with a mentee from our project centers in India.
Mentee Age group: 12yrs to 17yrs Mentorship Duration: 8 weeks
We all at some point have had positive role models or people we could go to for advice or guidance when we grew up. And some of those people have become our mentors over the years and continue to be our go to person when we hit a road block in our lives. Research confirms that quality mentoring relationships have powerful positive effects on young people in a variety of personal, academic, and professional situations. Ultimately, mentoring connects a young person to personal growth and development, and social and economic opportunity.
At Kids.R.ok, we believe that the children we work with deserve to have positive role models and mentors in their lives. That’s the purpose of this mentoring program.
WHAT IS MENTORING?
A mentorship is a supportive relationship established between a Child/young adult and someone who is more experienced in life. The mentor offers guidance, knowledge, and understanding. Mentoring requires an investment of time and patience, and a willingness to support and encourage the Mentee. Mentoring is a mutually rewarding experiences where both mentee and mentor interact meaningfully and respectfully with one another, learn, and derive benefits.
Some basic qualities of a mentor: SAFERA MENTOR
- Sincere desire to be involved with a young person
- Active listening skills
- Respect for young people
- Ability to see solutions and opportunities
HOW TO BECOME A MENTOR?
If you are someone who would like to be a role model, change-maker, person who believe children and youth in our country deserve the best at any circumstance, you can be a mentor at Kids.R.Ok .
- A mentor should be at least enrolled in college / a graduate or a working professional.
- Willing to commit for short – term mentoring program of two months.
- Can connect with mentee through call/ zoom/ whatsapp. In person meeting can be planned once the Covid-19 situation is resolved.
- Mentoring session should happen at least once a week (45-60 mins).
- The first step will be matching you with your mentee. Your mentee will be between the age group of 12-17 years old.
- To be gender sensitive we will match you with mentee who is of a same gender as you.
- Parents will be informed about their child being part of this program and you will be introduced to the parents as well by a staff/ project manager.
- You will sign a consent form with the organisation stating your commitment and participation in the mentoring program.
- The mentoring sessions have to be planned in advance by the mentor and the timing and mode of communication to be informed to the mentee and the project manager at least a day ahead.
- The some of the key objectives of these session can be to identify the skills and abilities of the mentees, address the challenges or barriers in their lives, provide positive guidance and direction to work towards a better standard of living, imparting life skills.
- These sessions can comprise of any activity that the mentor would like to do with the mentee.
- Mentor can involve the mentee in the planning process as well. Planning the sessions with them can help the mentor understand the mentee’s interests and needs.
- Schedule bi-weekly call with the project manager to update the progress and challenges in the mentoring sessions.
Apply for Mentorship:
Step 1: Write to us
Step 2: Email us your motivation to be a mentor
Step 3: We will contact you